Here we will inform you of any up and coming events.
Come back regularly to hear about the latest updates.
Kaiapoi Fun Run – 14th March
Starting at 9.00am from Kaiapoi Borough School, Raven Quay, Kaiapoi.
$5 per person (under 16 years old)
$10 per person (16 years and older)
Tickets can be purchased from the Kaiapoi i-site or from Kaiapoi Borough School on the morning of the event.
5km and 10km distances
Spot prizes up for grabs!
COURSE MAP: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?fbclid=IwAR3fMyWhznrL8SA4om4cGGwz1A2WqjAojxgsU5hbIL–3lIKANKPQIA1z-A&mid=16DOmdcCZKMYx-XQmB3JtmhXNOHJ0mTGp&ll=-43.378266714569406%2C172.64439885&z=15
******** EVENT HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS ********
• Start of event is at Murphy Park, Raven Quay, Kaiapoi.
• Finish line will be at the Kaiapoi Borough School through the Raven Quay entrance.
• Both 10km and 5km participants will start at 9.00am. We ask that all walkers and 5km runners start behind the 10km runners.
• ALL event participants must attend the event briefing at 8.50am which will be held at the starting area on Murphy Park, Raven Quay, Kaiapoi.
• Should there be an earthquake during the event, dependent on where you are, take the following action: when the shaking starts, move no more than a few steps away from buildings, trees, street lights and power lines. Drop, Cover and Hold. The event will be abandoned and we ask that all participants make their way back to Kaiapoi Borough School to be accounted for. Please make a marshal or volunteer on the course know if you are not returning to Kaiapoi Borough School.
• First aid will be available during the event. Please let a marshal or volunteer on the course know should you require first aid. They will contact the first aid providers on your behalf. If you are not able to get to a marshal or volunteer, there will be roving cyclists on the course that can also call for first aid.
• Please ensure you carry any required medication with you during the event, such as; inhalers, epi pens.
• Please remember to apply sunscreen before the event begins and it is recommended that hats are worn for the duration if there is a risk of sun and/or wind burn.
• If you pull out during the event, please inform a marshal or volunteer. Should you require a vehicle to pick you up and return you to the finish line, please ask a marshal or the roving cyclist to request this on your behalf.
• Particular areas of risk:
Behind the Memorial Reserve on Raven Quay (Opposite Blackwell’s): Single file only and no overtaking. Be careful as you approach the Kaiapoi Bridge as there is a drop down on your right hand side.
Williams Street Bridge: Stay on the footpath. Do not run or walk on the road. Be aware of pedestrians.
Railway Line: No participant is to go over the railway line. You must go under and stay well clear of the railway line.
Hayson Drive, Silverstream: Please slow down as you approach Hayson Drive in Silverstream (both ways) and give way to all traffic.
Island Road: Please slow down as you approach Island Road (both ways) and give way to all traffic.
• Toilets – Kaiapoi Borough School Hall and public toilets in Trousselot Park (Charles St, Kaiapoi) and the Kaiapoi Cemetery (Adderley Terrace, Kaiapoi).
• Car Parking – Raven Quay, Black Street, Hilton Street and land between Raven Quay and Hilton Street which will be available.
• There will be 2 water stations throughout the course. One on the stop bank in front of the Kaiapoi Borough School field and the other will be on the retail side of the Silverstream River.
Scroll through the calendar, it will show dates of up and coming events
|ATK Monthly Trustee meeting|
Previous Kaiapoi Events
Winners of the first KYDz 3×3 basketball tournament – held on the 9th
Wonderful celebration, lots of stalls, entertainment, hangi, kapa haka groups
Kydz Mud Fest
Great family fun… for those not afraid of getting just a little dirty
Decorating the shop fronts on William Street
Kaiapoi Fun Run 5 & 10Km
Walking or running
Kane Shield swimming competition
It’s just about time to dust off those swim suits as the 2018 Kane Shield fast approaches. A not to be missed iconic Kaiapoi event. Get your team together and lock the date in your diary for this fun night of good healthy competition. Monday 27th August at the Kaiapoi Aquatic Centre. Doors open at 5.30pm with the first race commencing at 6.15pm sharp. Gold coin entry per person. Raffles available to purchase on the night.
We encourage early registration, however late registrations will be accepted on the night until 5.45pm.
You Me We Us would like to recognise and thank the Kaiapoi Aquatic Centre for their help and support with this great community event.
Celebrating Spring, giving away daffodils and chocolates.
This is a fun, competitive and challenging event for Kaiapoi which is loosely based on the reality television game show ‘The Amazing Race’. Teams of two people race around Kaiapoi (and possibly surrounding areas) on both foot and bikes completing challenges in competition with other teams.
We can assure you that this year the event will again be challenging but fun and of course community minded. So come on people, get registered and be part of this awesome community event.
Kaiapoi River Carnival & Boat Show
There will be lots of on water activities – brand new boats in boat show-used boats in another section and an opportunity for people to sell water activity ‘stuff’ swap meet style.
Heaps happening for the kids- Walk on Water Balls, Water Bumper boats, Wipe out, Pirates ship, face painting,
There will be a photo competition- photo to be of the Kaiapoi River between the mouth and the motorway.
If you have any event or project ideas that you would like see in Kaiapoi.
Please make contact below